Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Have You Noticed?

Recently I've been paying attention to prices as I shop. I've especially noticed how Bumblebee Tuna had reduced it's price slightly so that it was more comparable to the generic brand that I sometimes buy, so I end up choosing the Bumblebee brand for a few more cents. Then I was made aware that the can size had been REDUCED from 6 oz to 5 oz! I was paying the same amount of money for a smaller size. Next time you buy tuna, notice that the cans are thinner in size and that you are being charged almost the same as when they were larger. I've noticed the same change with the 2 lb. cottage cheese being reduced to 1 1/2 lbs for the same price as well. Has anyone else noticed this?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

i have noticed!!! this is true for a lot of items - watch out when you buy ice cream!! they actually come in different sizes some brands have gone smaller some have not - so make sure you figure out how much you are paying per unit